Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac is unable to connect to iCloud drive

Hi everyone,

I updated to 10.15.5 and realized that I am unable to connect to iCloud. Message, Notes, and Calendar are all working fine. My iPhone and Macbook and not having an issue connecting to iCloud.

I've tried the standard fix of going to Apple>System Pref.>Apple ID signing out, rebooting, and signing back in.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 8:23 AM

After several hours on the phone with Apple, I was asked to erase my drive and reinstall Catalina. When that didn't solve the problem, the technician determined that it was an issue on Apple's end. I downloaded some s/w to do a disk image that was then sent to the engineers. A day later, I was miraculously able to connect to the iCloud.

I'm waiting to hear back from the technician to understand more fully what happened, and whether it is preventable in the future since erasing my drive and reinstalling is not an option.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2020 8:23 AM in response to tygb

After several hours on the phone with Apple, I was asked to erase my drive and reinstall Catalina. When that didn't solve the problem, the technician determined that it was an issue on Apple's end. I downloaded some s/w to do a disk image that was then sent to the engineers. A day later, I was miraculously able to connect to the iCloud.

I'm waiting to hear back from the technician to understand more fully what happened, and whether it is preventable in the future since erasing my drive and reinstalling is not an option.

Jun 9, 2020 3:27 PM in response to Denise Burnham

Hello there Dennis Burnham,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are having an issues connecting to iCloud Drive on your device, I am more than happy to help you out with this.

Before beginning any troubleshooting, please be sure that you have a backup of all of your information. To do this, check out this article:

Back up your Mac with Time Machine

To troubleshoot, I would recommend trying to test the issue in a new user. To do so, follow this article:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

If you are still having issues in that new user, I would recommend reaching out to Apple Support. To reach us, follow this article:

Contact Apple for support and service

I hope this works! Have a great day!

Jun 10, 2020 1:29 AM in response to Denise Burnham

See the article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204408

Check for third-party software

If you installed firewall, security, VPN, or other third-party networking software, make sure that the software isn't blocking any of the network ports used by iMessage and FaceTime. If necessary, disable the software and then try using your iMessage account or FaceTime again.

See these https://support.apple.com/en-md/HT202235

https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mh35835/mac

iMac is unable to connect to iCloud drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.