Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup

So I have an iPhone 7 that I am currently using, and an iPhone 6 I am not, they both use the same Apple ID, is it possible to restore the 6 to an older backup to try and find old pictures, Without changing anything on my 7?

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 5:58 AM

Restoring any iCloud or iTunes backup to a device does nothing to any other device you have. Each uniquely named device you own (in settings, general, about, name) has its own backup.

But did you keep an older backup to use? Neither iCloud nor iTunes keep any sort of archive of past backups. There is always only the most recent backup available to restore from. Each new backup replaces the previous one.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2020 5:58 AM in response to Jty515

Restoring any iCloud or iTunes backup to a device does nothing to any other device you have. Each uniquely named device you own (in settings, general, about, name) has its own backup.

But did you keep an older backup to use? Neither iCloud nor iTunes keep any sort of archive of past backups. There is always only the most recent backup available to restore from. Each new backup replaces the previous one.

Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.