Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HEIC Photos

I have a new macbook16"........I have uploaded plenty of HEIC photos from iPhone 11 in the last few weeks but now it says that the HEIC format is unsupported......WTF Apple? ......get it sorted...a simple reboot of iPhone DOES NOT WORK!!...nor does rebooting the MacBook.....reverse the HEIC format and let us get back to what we enjoyed previously .....this is NOT an improvement.

I am going to switch to android if apple keep having these issues...thism

is one of many and Apple don't seem to bother..they just keep taking your money!!

POOR SHOW APPLE....

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 3:16 AM

Where exactly are you seeing the message that the HEIC format is unsupported? Could you please post the exact error message and describe, what you are doing when you are seeing this message? Are you trying to import photos from your iPhone 11 via a USB connection?

Photos for Macon macOS 10.15 Catalina is certainly able to work with images and videos in the High Efficiency format. There must be a different problem. Perhaps you have stored your Photos Library on a volume, that is causing permission errors, or files are missing, or you are trying to edit the photos in a third-party editor, that does not support HEIC.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2020 3:16 AM in response to irbov

Where exactly are you seeing the message that the HEIC format is unsupported? Could you please post the exact error message and describe, what you are doing when you are seeing this message? Are you trying to import photos from your iPhone 11 via a USB connection?

Photos for Macon macOS 10.15 Catalina is certainly able to work with images and videos in the High Efficiency format. There must be a different problem. Perhaps you have stored your Photos Library on a volume, that is causing permission errors, or files are missing, or you are trying to edit the photos in a third-party editor, that does not support HEIC.

HEIC Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.