Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR frozen while restarting

Hello, I’ve had my iPhone XR for less than a month & last night it wasn’t making calls so I tried turning it off & restarting it but it wouldn’t turn off. There was a software update available but every time I tried to open it in settings, the settings would close. I chose to reset my phone last night & this morning (~7 hours later) the screen is frozen on the resetting screen. Any advice would be much appreciated.

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 9:58 AM

You can try these two things. The first one is rather simple and you may have already attempted to do so but in the event that you have not then try that. IF the first does not work then it involves a more detailed process to get out of the "Frozen" mode.

1. Force ReStart your iPhone and here is how to do that-->>Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  2. If the above does not work or you cannot execute it fully then please follow the directions listed in this link-->>If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Good Luck.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2020 9:58 AM in response to RacheLynn40

You can try these two things. The first one is rather simple and you may have already attempted to do so but in the event that you have not then try that. IF the first does not work then it involves a more detailed process to get out of the "Frozen" mode.

1. Force ReStart your iPhone and here is how to do that-->>Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  2. If the above does not work or you cannot execute it fully then please follow the directions listed in this link-->>If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Good Luck.

Axel F.

iPhone XR frozen while restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.