Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verify Identity Apple ID locked!

For secirity reasons my account has been locked.? Until provide identity verification and have ONLY 12HRS or will be PERMANENTLY LOCKED!!!!! please someone help.

So i have received email early this morning and am finding it now and beginning to freak out.! I was asleep. IPad not being used when my kids were asleep. But anyway is what is and just pray someone can help.

So I clicked link on email took me to Apple ID login page I followed prompts of login etc then provided basic birth date account name and email and its come up then on next prompts for street address etc... does it need to be address from original time of making account.???? As there is a couple possible addresses it could be and dont want to place one and it not let me back in cause its wrong one. I moved few times around the time and then not sure if updated it or not is all ?????......

So also then asks on se page for OSID number and cant press next unless have entered it. Is this IMEI or whats this its asking for?????? . Its got nothing to do with bank cards surely...? But like most answers im finding on discussions or google thats all it stipulates NAB OSID number even on apple and well as that doesn't add up nor make sense to be possible as I don't have NAB banking anyway. Please please someone help before it's too late

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 2:45 PM

That email is a scam. Any information you entered in response to it is compromised. Change your Apple password immediately if you still can. See: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Similar questions

15 replies

Feb 10, 2020 3:56 PM in response to Sthb14

idmsa.apple.com just seen this in my password save thing with saved password for that address is this ok.? As this is new one. Or perhaps I'll attach my history and tell me if I need to rechange although itll be hard on my autistic son to do another combination. But if ive done or entered new one where shouldn't have guess I'll have too. We save passwords automatically to l9gin for him anyway

Feb 10, 2020 2:43 PM in response to Sthb14

• Apple would not warn of a pending account issue, giving you a deadline to fix the issue. 
  • Apple does not include document, or PDF files to download.
  • Apple would not refer to you as Dear Customer, Dear Client, or anything other than the name on file for your account.
  • Apple would not have such horrible spelling or grammar. 
  • Apple would not send a message to “Undisclosed Recipients”. 

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

If you provided your Apple ID and password at the bogus site, change your password immediately. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201355

The links below have information to help identify fraudulent emails.

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Feb 10, 2020 3:42 PM in response to FoxFifth

So I didn't even realise that it was not correct web address or login page I honestly just was worried and did what prompted

So I have emailed as suggested the phishing Apple thing. And i have changed my password and have been threw all settings and what not within IPad it's self. I had not realised though I was logged in precisely I honestly thought was just discussion so I just wouldbt habe been able to access account. Bit thinking about it all bit more awake now. I guess in moment of scare I reacted quite quickly in assuming not even thinking that it could be bad email. I never question emails as such not usually first thing to mind.. But thankyou everyone for your help I resolving this so evidently quickly too. So my only question now is what info could they have gained at worse worse case scenario within time frame and with what I had only given as stated above.?

Verify Identity Apple ID locked!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.