Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text box

in my chat texts the viewing box has moved to the top of my screen while the keypad is still at the bottom. How do I move it back to the bottom above the keypad?

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 6:15 PM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2020 11:48 AM in response to GchStormy

Hi there, GchStormy.

I see that the keyboard in the Messages application still appears at the bottom of the screen, but the message thread isn't fully displayed. I'm glad to help with this.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Quit the Messages application, then open it again and see if the message is completely displayed.

Restart your iPhone -- If the message thread is still at the top and keyboard at the bottom, restart your iPhone and see if it displays correctly once your iPhone is back to the Home screen.

If they’re still not displaying correctly, please answer the following questions:

• Which model of iPhone are you using, and which iOS is it currently on?
  • Does this happen with every message thread or just the one displayed?
  • Does the issue only happen in the Messages application or does it also happen in others?

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Text box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.