Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Calling Keeps Disabling When I Close Settings

I purchased a three new iPhones from a new carrier and switched service. I tried to enable Wifi-Calling on all three devices. Two worked wonderfully, however one will not enable.

I can enable it from the menu and as soon as I back out of the menu or close settings it immediately turns off. I spent almost three hours with the carrier support team trying a multitude of things for them finally to say that their end was good and it must be an Apple problem.

Any thoughts or ideas? I am nowhere near close to an Apple store to let someone look at it.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 10:10 AM

Hello H1llb1lly,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand your Wi-Fi calling keeps turning off by itself. I'm happy to assist you in any way possible.

First, make sure your iPhone is up-to-date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

If the issue persists, reset your network settings by navigating to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

"This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before."

Best Regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2020 10:10 AM in response to H1llb1lly

Hello H1llb1lly,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand your Wi-Fi calling keeps turning off by itself. I'm happy to assist you in any way possible.

First, make sure your iPhone is up-to-date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

If the issue persists, reset your network settings by navigating to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

"This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before."

Best Regards.

Feb 16, 2020 3:39 AM in response to Teddy_B

Thanks, I cannot say for sure whether or not this had solved my issue. I will say I was instructed to do this as well by my carrier multiple times while on support. The next morning, I attempted to turn on WiFi calling and it has worked. So my suspicion is that it was carrier related, however, it just took a while for it to work through their system. Thanks so much for your response.

Wifi Calling Keeps Disabling When I Close Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.