Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar sync with icloud

A new problem, perhaps when I updated to latest OS? If I add an event to my calendar , it does not sync to my iphone 8+ or my iPad. It always used to. And from devices back to desktop mac mini.

Seems my notes are syncing fine. The contacts very slow but do sync. Just the calendar events don't sync.

I've eliminated extraneous calendars in case that was the confusion. I've ensured all devices have iCloud opened with my ID. But I added a number of events on my desktop and they simply won't move to my two devices.

What do I try next? There's something I don't know what to do.

Thanks. Tzipora

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 7:14 PM

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer browser to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID if you are using Catalina) and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2020 7:14 PM in response to tzipora

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer browser to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID if you are using Catalina) and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

Feb 14, 2020 12:02 AM in response to Eric Root

Eric, I'm going to answer step by step to your suggestions, if I can understand. I'm now in iCloud.com in Safari. All the pertinent apps are there. 12 actually, including calendar. It doesn't indicate whether they are from the device or computer but I believe from the computer. It's interesting that some apps are syncing such as notes/mail/contacts. But not calendar. Ok, now went into computer/system prefs/icloud/ID and stopped Calendar and waited and started again and it asked for a merge of calendars. I said yes and Calendar opened and yes! some of the events arrived to my ipad and iphone but not all. So that was a good suggestion. Thank you. I suspect the one item that didn't move was from a calendar that I didn't keep. Thanks !!

calendar sync with icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.