Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX export has random pic glitches

Hi - for last 4-5 months every export from FCPX will have random pic blocky glitches. When I play from the timeline its all fine .. only able to see once I have exported - either to Youtube/ Vimeo or to desktop. I will then go into the timeline and either nudge the offending clip by a few fames and or replace / rebuild the clip and while this may work the glitch just randomly moves onto another clip .. Ill typically get 4/5 over a 1O min clip. MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2017 Catalina 10.5. FCPX 10.4.8.. I have just put up posting with glitches past few months but no I'm showing a client and need it perfect. Cheers CC

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 4:02 AM

There are problems for some media, especially HEVC and 4K. You could try optimized just clips that show problems, though the bad encoding seems to shift around. You should be aware that optimized media are large files than require fast drives for good performance.

Similar questions

6 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.