Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Classic and Apple Podcast app

I just updated to MacOS Catalina. The Apple Podcast app does not recognize my ipod classic. This is the only device I use for listening to podcasts. How can I get the app to recognize the ipod? The new music app recognizes it.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 2:45 PM

Hello,

Apple's Podcast application will not recognize legacy iPod models. You can synchronize podcasts to iPod classic using the Finder.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

3 replies

Feb 15, 2020 2:57 PM in response to QuickPost

I just had a brief look. In addition to the iPod classic, my wife has an iPod touch. Neither shows up in Podcasts.

There seems to be no ability to use finder to sync any files to the ipod touch. It just looks like a list of files.

A truckload of stinkweed to Apple. There really is no reason to not include older ipod models. They're just forcing consumers to buy newer products.

Ipod Classic and Apple Podcast app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.