Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K Siri remote volume control not working

The volume +- control on my Apple TV remote is not working recently. Ive followed the bluetooth re-pairing instructions as suggested in Apple help pages (Menu and Volume Up buttons for five seconds etc). Ive also done a full AppleTV reset to factory settings when that failed too. Im running the latest TVos. Nothing worked. The TV settings have not changed from when it was all good.

The remote still works fine in every other regard for playback, navigation, menu control etc... just not the volume control. I can still use my Hisense TV remote to control TV volume, but Ive now lost the ability to use the Apple Siri Remote volume controls. Has a bug been introduced in the last TVos update?

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 8:33 PM

Hah! I think I solved it. It is usable now anyway. Not a bug, just user error (and unclear process in fact).

After 'training' my Hisense TV remote to the AppleTV volume control, the Apple remote is now able to 'pretend' to be the Hisense remote. I had to select the newly created Hisense TV remote profile as the preferred volume control device (via the Siri Remote).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2020 8:33 PM in response to Andrew Francois

Hah! I think I solved it. It is usable now anyway. Not a bug, just user error (and unclear process in fact).

After 'training' my Hisense TV remote to the AppleTV volume control, the Apple remote is now able to 'pretend' to be the Hisense remote. I had to select the newly created Hisense TV remote profile as the preferred volume control device (via the Siri Remote).

Apple TV 4K Siri remote volume control not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.