Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5th Gen iPod Touch Battery

I received a refurbished 5th generation iPod touch for Christmas, and it's been working great, EXCEPT, every time I turn it off, it "loses" battery life. The battery could be at 75% when I turn it off, and when I go to turn it back on, it gives me the red battery logo and takes forever to turn back on once it's plugged up to a charger. When it finally does turn on, it shows the battery is not actually drained, but is near the same charge as it was when I turned it off (as it should be).

I've tried looking for this specific issue, but while I've seen others report a similar problem, theirs is usually a symptom of a bigger issue. I'm not having any other battery related issues though...when the iPod is on and in use, the battery lasts for hours.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 1:59 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately iPod touch (5th generation) is an 8+ year old device which means that its battery is quite old. Unfortunately due to the age of this device there is not much you can do about it as Apple no longer manufactures parts for this device.

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 21, 2020 8:39 PM in response to BignRichKris

The 5th gen iPod Touch is the exact same form factor as the 6th and 7th gen iPod Touch.

It maybe possible to pay for a new replacement battery for that iPod Touch as the battery maybe the same as found in an iPod Touch 6th/7th generation.

I would bring that iPod Touch into your nearest, “local” Apple Store for diagnosis, evaluation and potential options.

You maybe able to get a brand new battery put in that nearly 8-year old iPod Touch.

Best of Luck to You!

5th Gen iPod Touch Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.