Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having a problem with my Macbook Pro folder's Sharing and Permission

Hi, everyone!

I'm having a problem with my Macbook's file permission. So I moved all my files using Time Machine from my iMac to Macbook Pro. The problem is every time I need to access or make changes in any files on my Macbook Pro, I would need to authenticate it with my admin's password. It's really getting annoying already as I'm a Graphic Designer and I would need to make a lot of changes in some of my files. How do I remove the permission on these folders?

Just to let you all know that I already made changes in all of my folder's Sharing and Permission to read and write. Also, ignore permissions on external drives is not appearing..

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 12:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 9:08 AM

Any option other than those two will result in Permissions that won't be correct. Since you manually changed Permissions for folders I suggest you start over from the beginning, since undoing whatever you did is likely to be tedious and / or futile.

Consider following the instructions in Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder, which might fix whatever you did.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2020 9:08 AM in response to bananacaketp

Any option other than those two will result in Permissions that won't be correct. Since you manually changed Permissions for folders I suggest you start over from the beginning, since undoing whatever you did is likely to be tedious and / or futile.

Consider following the instructions in Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder, which might fix whatever you did.

I'm having a problem with my Macbook Pro folder's Sharing and Permission

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.