Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Downtime for Third-Party Application

The Downtime feature, when running, is disabling an application that I installed from a third-party (via Java). However when I go to the "Always Allowed" tab of Screen Time in order to disable the block, the application is not even in the list of apps. How can I disable Downtime from blocking this app? It works for other apps but it's frustrating that I'd have to constantly enter the password to allow the app to run while using the Downtime feature.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 7:17 AM

I can see this third-party app when I click the tab that shows all my App Usage. I can also set a time limit for the app, which would be nice if the app limits weren't overruled when running Downtime. All of that works fine, yet somehow it can't be added to the Always Allow list.

Update: I found the file where the program was running and added it to my Applications folder to let it run from there. After restarting my computer, and giving it some time, it finally "Recognized" the app and allowed me to Allow to Run during Downtime. Just took a little time and patience (which I was nearly running out of).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2020 7:17 AM in response to only1kanobi

I can see this third-party app when I click the tab that shows all my App Usage. I can also set a time limit for the app, which would be nice if the app limits weren't overruled when running Downtime. All of that works fine, yet somehow it can't be added to the Always Allow list.

Update: I found the file where the program was running and added it to my Applications folder to let it run from there. After restarting my computer, and giving it some time, it finally "Recognized" the app and allowed me to Allow to Run during Downtime. Just took a little time and patience (which I was nearly running out of).

Disable Downtime for Third-Party Application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.