Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP-Share_is always burning DVD at 740x480 to 4.7GB DVD-R

I have researched everything I can find but I am not able to fix this. I have created a short video which was shot and imported at 1080p HD and edited at 1920x1080 resolution. The FCP Infor Inspector shows this:

I used File/Share/Master File and it created a file that is 1920x1080 and is 1.16GB:

I used File/Share/DVD and the Settings are showing 720x480:

I burned the DVD on my stock internal "OPTIARC DVD RW is AD-5690H" is original to my iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011).

The DVD Player shows the file as 720x480 and 639MB in size.

I even tried burning with iDVD and got the same results.

How can I fix this?

Thanks ahead of time.

Andy

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 20, 2020 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 9:32 PM

What a friggin dummy I am! All these years I just produced videos on DVD and sent them out for duplication. I never watched it on "DVD Player", just a TV, so I never noticed the 720x480 SD resolution. My apologies to all you guys who tried to answer my question.

I found this YouTube video titled "HD vs. SD -- High / Standard Definition Comparison Video & Explanation" at https://youtu.be/5TzQBKohiYM that thoroughly explains it with pictures for people like me.

You're never too old to learn!

Thanks

Andy

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2020 9:32 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

What a friggin dummy I am! All these years I just produced videos on DVD and sent them out for duplication. I never watched it on "DVD Player", just a TV, so I never noticed the 720x480 SD resolution. My apologies to all you guys who tried to answer my question.

I found this YouTube video titled "HD vs. SD -- High / Standard Definition Comparison Video & Explanation" at https://youtu.be/5TzQBKohiYM that thoroughly explains it with pictures for people like me.

You're never too old to learn!

Thanks

Andy

FCP-Share_is always burning DVD at 740x480 to 4.7GB DVD-R

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.