Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes music library

I recently discovered that Itunes dropped the music album 'resident evil 5' from Itunes store, but I still have it on my computer library.

I want to keep it, so:

When I buy a new computer, will I be able to transfer my purchased songs to the new computer?

Is there a way to back up my music and movie purchases to the cloud and be able to back them up even when apple loses the streaming rights to that particular song or movie? or does cloud only backup what is streamable?

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 5:14 AM

Gator Bait,

Please make a backup of your entire iTunes library (and other valuable content) onto physical media such as an external hard drive.

Backups of audio files are not subject to future decisions about streaming rights.

3 replies

Feb 22, 2020 5:21 PM in response to gatorbait88

Hi Gator Bait,

Here is the official answer from the Apple Legal Statement: "It is your responsibility not to lose, destroy, or damage Content once downloaded. We encourage you to back up your Content regularly."

As you know, the risk of using iCloud is that content may become unavailable. If you are not comfortable taking that risk, then a local physical backup is in order.

Itunes music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.