Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 16" Boot Problem

I am writing this post as I have serious problems with my product.

I state that it is only one month old and the problem occurred directly when the box was opened.

Basically when I open the lid of the macbook it should automatically start but this does not happen, starting the PC fans to the maximum and then restarting correctly.

I tried them all, reset SMC, format the mac, everything and more but it has not been resolved.

It's a problem that occurs once yes and once no, what I know is that it's very annoying.

What could it be?

[Link Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 10:54 AM

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2020 10:54 AM in response to Draxed

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

Mar 1, 2020 5:25 PM in response to Draxed

Welcome to the club. Issue not yet acknowledged by Apple. Until they do, there is no fix for your $3k machine. Only "resolution" is to take it in for a replacement and then keep taking it back until it stops. Some have taken their MBP back 2 or 3 times, and it still crashes on wake. But I haven't seen any other reports of it being fixed any other way.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251023915

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250991137

etc...

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Apr 16, 2020 3:26 PM in response to Draxed

I solved my problem.

My brand new macbook pro 16 (Shipped 2. april 2020) also restarted (crashed) over nigth - actually it crashed (Kernel Panic GPU) everytime it went to sleep mode. I had nothing installed except default OSX with updates.

1. Reset: Pram & NVRAM (still crashed)
  2. Reset: SMC (still crashed)
  3. Internet Recovery Command+Option+R (when booting) (Crashed under installation, but continued afterwards)
  4. Disabled "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off." & "PowerNap.." in Energy Saver settings (Problems disappeared)
  5. Two days later I enabled "Prevent computer from sleeping...." and "Powernap..." again (Still no problems)

I don't know if step 1-3 is necessary, but I think so.

So a macbook pro 16 that I almost returned, is now working perfectly - and I'm very happy:-)

MacBook Pro 16" Boot Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.