Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This account does not have Icloud Music Library enabled

Apple: Music has not been linked to this account.

Every time I try to open the music app, appears that message and I just don´t know how to get rid of it.

Could someone help me?

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 11:02 AM

Same problem here, showing on my iphone Xs, Mac MIni 2018, and Macbook pro 2019, getting "This acccount does not have iCloud Music Library enabled" yet I have it on my account subscription. Tried logging out of all apple ids on all accounts and logging back in etc. same issues. Even restarting all devices. On Mac Mini and Mac Pro they get this popup when it doesn't sync:

And If I turn on genius after relogging in it gives the same "this accounts does not have icloud music library enabled" on mac mini and mac pro.

I think its an issue on Apple's servers. I'm on hold with the second support guy they're trying to fix it.

41 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2020 11:02 AM in response to AlexisEscobar

Same problem here, showing on my iphone Xs, Mac MIni 2018, and Macbook pro 2019, getting "This acccount does not have iCloud Music Library enabled" yet I have it on my account subscription. Tried logging out of all apple ids on all accounts and logging back in etc. same issues. Even restarting all devices. On Mac Mini and Mac Pro they get this popup when it doesn't sync:

And If I turn on genius after relogging in it gives the same "this accounts does not have icloud music library enabled" on mac mini and mac pro.

I think its an issue on Apple's servers. I'm on hold with the second support guy they're trying to fix it.

Apr 15, 2020 1:49 AM in response to AlexisEscobar

I want to change the Music app settings on my iMac so that it syncs with iCloud. When I choose Music/Preferences/Library: Sync Library - I get the message "This account does not have iCloud music enabled. Apple Music has not been linked to this account." I just want to make sure all my devices have the same music library. I've tried the proposed solution of logging out of my account and back in again. I don't have and don't want an Apple Music subscription.

Mar 9, 2020 2:21 AM in response to AlexisEscobar

I am constantly getting the same message too, but in the Apple TV app on both iPhone and iPad.

If I dismiss it, it pops up again within 0.5-2 seconds. If I close the app (return to springboard, not kill it) I get one more pop up and then they stop.

They are full system modals, can’t close the app while they are on screen.

Our family Apple Music subscription expired recently.

Force quitting the app doesn’t help, restarting the device doesn’t help

Apr 29, 2020 10:33 PM in response to AlexisEscobar

I have no access on mac book or iPhone 8 as of April 29. IT WANTS ME TO SUBSCRIBE TO PAY FOR MONTHLY MUSIC AND I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS AND PREFER TO ACCESS MY PURCHASES BUT IT SAYS THE ICLOUD NOT ENABLED AND NONE OF THE APPLE OR ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS WORK. INSTRUCTIONS DON'T HAVE THE OPTIONS SUGGESTED. I WANT TO USE THE ALTERNATIVE WHICH IS ITUNES MATCH BUT NONE OF MY DEVICES ALLOW THIS--DO I HAVE TO PAY TO ACCESS MY PURCHASES???????

May 2, 2020 7:35 PM in response to Matt Sagacity

This worked for me too, thank you!!! I will mention though, that I had to go back to iTunes and redownload most of my music. Only a small portion was there in my “music” when I signed back in. So if you are missing music people, go to iTunes and click more, purchased, and download from there. You can click “download” and it will redownload all purchased songs to your device.

May 6, 2020 3:01 PM in response to AlexisEscobar

Guys! @All, I found a solution, I had to performed a factory reset to resolve this issue, I tried everything you’ve advised me and it did not work. As many of you may know, factory reset erases all the information that you have on the device, unless you had the information saved on ICloud. So if you have the same issue just reset the factory settings.

This account does not have Icloud Music Library enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.