Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro won't download a previously purchased app

I purchased an astronomy app in 2013. I have been a Beta tester for the developers for 2 years. After the last test run, the new version was placed in the App Store. When I try to download it, I get the following message: “Redownload unavailable with this Apple ID. This redownload is unavailable for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or canceled.”

I bought the App, I was never refunded and the purchase was never canceled. I have 2 Apple ID’s one in the UK Store and one in the USA. I am trying to re-download the App from the correct Store, which is the UK App Store. Can anyone please help me with this?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 9:33 AM

Did you change the AppStore from US to UK, as explained in this article?

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

4 replies

Feb 27, 2020 7:01 AM in response to Ingo2711

Hi, yes I am. I have been in contact with the developers and they have advised me that there is no need to delete the Beta version before re-downloading the App Store version, as the Store version will overwrite the Beta version. This is how it has worked previously.

I have already tried that route. I initially deleted the Beta version before attempting to get the Store version, with the same result. I got the previously mentioned message. The developers resent the Beta version to me just so that I at least have a version that works.

Feb 27, 2020 7:39 AM in response to AtFL410

For further information, I signed out of the App Store completely. Signed back into the UK App Store again. (This is the Store from which I purchased the App. There is a little cloud next to the App’s icon.)

When I tap the cloud to re-download the App, a message comes up asking me to enter the password for the USA App Store. This is really confusing me. According to the receipt available on my Purchased Apps, the App was purchased from the UK Store!

ipad pro won't download a previously purchased app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.