Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased Movies Not Showing

On our AppleTV, as well as on our iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks, certain movies that we have purchased in iTunes are not showing up (or invisible, whatever). None of our movies are downloaded; all are streaming. We use the same Apple ID on all devices; we have tried logging in and logging out to no avail. If I search a missing movie on any device, it makes it look like it’s never been purchased. If I click/touch to re-purchase it, it’ll recognize that we’ve already purchased it and will let us play it from that screen without charging us again. However the movie still will not appear in our movies, so if I want to watch it again, I have to search it, attempt to purchase it, etc. No other answer seems to address it when it’s invisible across all platforms/devices. This has been an issue for a while, and it’s frustrating not having an exact idea of what movies we have purchased when we are deciding what to watch (literally hundreds of movies, so who knows how many are “invisible”).

Thank you!

Posted on Feb 29, 2020 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 12:52 AM

Have you checked to see if you've hidden them : Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support ?

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 1, 2020 3:31 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you for that wonderful direct link that opened Apple Music for me! I couldn’t find an answer to a question that was recent enough to give me that recent, so I greatly appreciate your help.

We do apparently have a bunch of movies (46!), TV shows, and music that are hidden. I have no idea how they got that way (some of it is kids’ shows and movies, so it’s not like one of us did that to somehow keep the kids from seeing something— the adult movies are stuff like Batman and X-Men, nothing “scandalous”).

Here’s the thing: when I go to the lists of hidden TV and movies, there’s no option to “unhide” them in the Apple Music app. There is for the music, but now it appears that it is downloading all of it to my phone (annoying, but I have the storage and can just remove them from my phone later, I guess). I definitely don’t want to download movies and shows to my phone. My MacBook is at work, so I can’t use iTunes until tomorrow, not that I want to download anything to that, either. If I click on a movie like I’m going to re-purchase it, it recognizes that it’s purchased already and offers for me to download it. No way to “unhide” it.

So, my question now is, do you know how to unhide movies and TV shows on the Apple Music app without downloading them?

Thanks again!

Apr 10, 2020 6:45 AM in response to King_Penguin

I have the same problem. I have nothing hidden. Although one of the movies we have purchased shows up in our “purchased” section but when we search the movie through Apple TV it asked us to purchase the movie, even though we have the movie in our purchased section. I did notice that the movie we have is only in HD, but the movie through search comes up with HD CC AD. I believe there is some minor difference between our purchased movie and the one available through iTunes. Is there anyway I can force the search and Apple TV to look at our purchased items first?

Purchased Movies Not Showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.