Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased movies don't show up in Apple TV

Purchased Movies Not Showing - Apple Community

Sherry2010

"I have the same problem. I have nothing hidden. Although one of the movies we have purchased shows up in our “purchased” section but when we search the movie through Apple TV it asked us to purchase the movie, even though we have the movie in our purchased section. I did notice that the movie we have is only in HD, but the movie through search comes up with HD CC AD. I believe there is some minor difference between our purchased movie and the one available through iTunes. Is there anyway I can force the search and Apple TV to look at our purchased items first?"

Could not reply to this post, so I made a new one. I am in the same boat. Movies are in the list being purchased, but don't show up in the TV app. When I go to family purchases, a lot of movies are show as "Not in My Library". They all have a cloud download symbol in the upper right corner. But clicking on this, makes nothin happen. Really a pain Apple. I also did a search on my disk and those movies are all already there. But Apple TV is to stupid to see those. So I also have the same question like Sherry2010, how can TV be forced to rescan for purchases?

Apple TV

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 10:21 AM

Hey ätzend,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Community. Due to the nature of your issue, you may find more information by contacting Apple Support directly using the link below.

Contact Apple Support

Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 9, 2022 10:12 AM in response to JosephP530

No thanks this comment is no help. Why? When I follow the link I have to choose among numerous topics. None of the suggestions but fits my request. I just tried it the way Sherry2010 did it. Unfortunately it does not work for me. No message came, already bought. Instead, I bought the film again and now have to refund it. How stupid is that Apple? I can still watch the movie because I always download purchased movies. But what if I don't?

Mar 9, 2022 10:42 AM in response to JosephP530

Must revise. The trick is to ask a question which then gives the possibility to chat with the support. This worked wonderfully and my problem was solved quickly. The movies were hidden. Why, I don't know, so that was not a solution I followed, although the issue also came up in my solution search.

So belatedly thanks for the tip with the support. Whereby my criticism, regarding the selection of the topics still exists. Some problems are not always clearly assigned to a topic.

Purchased movies don't show up in Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.