Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS charging port / charging slow

I had my phone plugged in charging and someone yanked on the cord. The cable didn’t just pull out, it was at an angle so it pulled rather hard on the port.

So far I have used 2 different lighting cables with the same 10W iPad brick. Have also used a wireless charging stand as well. 1 lighting cable is a 10ft anker cable, the other an off brand multi-cable. Seems to charge but slowly. Talking 15-20 mins to go up 1-2% not in use.

I used the charging pad which seems provide better more consistent results.

Is there anything I can do to see if the port is just not pulling the optimal amount from the cable?

I know of those usb tools that will check incoming/outgoing power levels. I was gonna get one just to have as a troubleshooting tool .

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 11:55 AM

All you can do is listed in this support article:--> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

If, after following all the steps provided, the issue still persists, have your XS inspected at an Apple Store or AASP: Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

1 reply

iPhone XS charging port / charging slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.