Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone freeze when I receive a call

Hi all,

since few month, I have this trouble on my iPhone XS Max (iOS 13.3.1). Randomly, when I receive a call, the phone freeze and don’t respond at any command. The phone keeps ringing but I can't answer and decline the call. When I try to made an hard reset, the phone keeps ringing and doesn’t restart. After few minutes, the phone automatically made a respring and restart itself. Anyone had experience with this problem?

Thank you.

Nicholas

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 4:20 AM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2020 5:12 PM in response to NiKo22

Hello NiKo22,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone not responding properly when you receive a call.

Please start by forcing the Phone app to quit: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then, restart your iPhone: iPhone User Guide: Restart iPhone - Apple Support

If your entire device is still freezing, try this article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If you still have issues, it may be beneficial to reinstall iOS using your computer. Before reinstalling you should make a backup of your data before the next steps. You can make a backup in iCloud or iTunes using this article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

After your data is backed up, you can reinstall iOS using iTunes. The reason we need to use iTunes for this step is to get a new copy of iOS installed to your device. Use this article to reinstall the iOS: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Please pay close attention when you reach step 4. Once iOS is reinstalled, test if the issue or issues are still occurring.

Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

iPhone freeze when I receive a call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.