Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manage child contacts in Screen Time iOS 13.3.1

Hi - I set up screen time successfully apart from this: under Communication Limits I was able to request and get approved to Manage Contacts on kids device but his contacts are not syncing / showing up, so there is nothing to control here. (0 contacts shown).

My device is iPhone 8, child device iPad v7, both up to date and syncing contacts ok to iCloud.

Anyone else experiencing this? Was on the phone to Apple support all morning until they eventually cut me off without further word (so far).

Thanks!

iPhone 8, 13

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 6:17 AM

Update - I then tried: close / re-open contacts up on child device + restarting child device and all of a sudden everything sync, even my second child's iPad. How strange. So the sum total of things I have done:

switch contact sync on and of on both devices.

Log out and back in to icloud on both devices

close/open contact up on child device

restart child device

Somehow one or more of these have done the trick...

Thanks for the help ...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2020 6:17 AM in response to Eric Root

Update - I then tried: close / re-open contacts up on child device + restarting child device and all of a sudden everything sync, even my second child's iPad. How strange. So the sum total of things I have done:

switch contact sync on and of on both devices.

Log out and back in to icloud on both devices

close/open contact up on child device

restart child device

Somehow one or more of these have done the trick...

Thanks for the help ...

Manage child contacts in Screen Time iOS 13.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.