Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie - Not enough space on the chosen receiver

I am editing a video in iMovie and all of a sudden it says that there is no more space on the chosen receiver? I have tried deleting almost everything I had in iMovie and deleted so much from my Macbook that I now have 119 GB available, but iMovie still says that there is not enough space... What do I do without having to delete everything I have already edited of the video?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 8:02 AM

The "not enough disk space" issue can be resolved by redownloading iMovie. To do that, drag your iMovie app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Then sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder

by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and

return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2020 8:02 AM in response to emiliegundahl

The "not enough disk space" issue can be resolved by redownloading iMovie. To do that, drag your iMovie app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Then sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder

by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and

return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

iMovie - Not enough space on the chosen receiver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.