Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers couldn’t connect to iCloud.

Hi.

I’m trying to collaborate on a numbers spreadsheet with another person. I invited them, they did a small modification, and saved. When I try to retrieve the change, nothing happens: I only get an error in the Collaborate tab “Numbers couldn’t connect to iCloud, You won’t be able to edit this spreadsheet until collaboration resumes.”.

I found a similar thread for Pages from 2015, but no solution there.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 8:06 AM

This is actually incredibly not helpful, the linked documentation doesn't have any assistance other than "Update the app?". There isn't an update, and iCloud and especially Numbers collaboration has been terrible in the last few months. If it's not taking 5+ minutes to establish collaboration, it's strictly failing to work and there's no way to restart collaboration if it fails.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 8:06 AM in response to CHX7

This is actually incredibly not helpful, the linked documentation doesn't have any assistance other than "Update the app?". There isn't an update, and iCloud and especially Numbers collaboration has been terrible in the last few months. If it's not taking 5+ minutes to establish collaboration, it's strictly failing to work and there's no way to restart collaboration if it fails.

Mar 31, 2020 2:42 PM in response to CHX7

Hi there, CHX7.

I see that you're collaborating on a Numbers spreadsheet with another. After they edited the spreadsheet, you're unable to open it again. You keep getting a message that can't connect with iCloud and it won't until collaboration resumes. I'm glad to help with this.

About collaboration for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote -- Please review the information under "Features not supported with collaboration". You may want to check with the collaborator of the spreadsheet. If you're not using unsupported features, scroll down to "If collaboration isn't available".

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Numbers couldn’t connect to iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.