Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Problem from Mail Activity Background

My Battery health 85%

I never use MAIL APP but it drain my battery FROM ACTIVITY BACKGROUND even when i already sign out all account & turn off fetch

And then i deleted the MAIL APP but it still drain my battery

how can the RECENTLY DELETED APP still drain my battery??

Does anyone can help me fix this?

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 6:31 AM

Greetings, SandiMahendra!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have deleted the Mail app but the app is still running in the background and using battery. Did you delete the app in the past 24 hours?

I suggest checking out this article for Batteries - Maximizing Performance. This can give you information about apps running in the background:

"Background Activity. This indicates that the battery was used by the app while it was in the background — that is, while you were using another app.

• To improve battery life, you can turn off the feature that allows apps to refresh in the background. Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and select Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi & Cellular Data, or Off to turn off Background App Refresh entirely.
  • If the Mail app lists Background Activity, you can choose to fetch data manually or increase the fetch interval. Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Fetch New Data."

The article will also give you additional steps you can take for optimizing the battery performance on your device.

Let me know if you continue to have issues and have a super day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 6:31 AM in response to SandiMahendra

Greetings, SandiMahendra!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have deleted the Mail app but the app is still running in the background and using battery. Did you delete the app in the past 24 hours?

I suggest checking out this article for Batteries - Maximizing Performance. This can give you information about apps running in the background:

"Background Activity. This indicates that the battery was used by the app while it was in the background — that is, while you were using another app.

• To improve battery life, you can turn off the feature that allows apps to refresh in the background. Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and select Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi & Cellular Data, or Off to turn off Background App Refresh entirely.
  • If the Mail app lists Background Activity, you can choose to fetch data manually or increase the fetch interval. Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Fetch New Data."

The article will also give you additional steps you can take for optimizing the battery performance on your device.

Let me know if you continue to have issues and have a super day!

Battery Problem from Mail Activity Background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.