Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Safari's "Email This Page" shortcut

I recently updated Safari to version 13.1 and discovered that the keyboard shortcut command-i now activates "Email This Page" in the share menu instead of italicizing text. My hatred of the Mail app and its constant intrusions aside, all I want is to be able to italicize text easily and efficiently the way my fingers have been accustomed to for twenty-odd years. Is there a way to turn this off or at least change the shortcut so I can have my italics back? I'm just about ready to scream.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 10:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 6:26 AM

You can try to change the current Safari's shortcut with something that you don't use.

Go in System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts

Add through the + button an application shortcut choosing:

Application Safari

Menu Title Email This Page

Keyboard Shortcut Any keyboard combination as long as is not interfering with your preferred shortcuts

Now the Command-i combination in Safari should be free.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 6:26 AM in response to sumner37

You can try to change the current Safari's shortcut with something that you don't use.

Go in System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts

Add through the + button an application shortcut choosing:

Application Safari

Menu Title Email This Page

Keyboard Shortcut Any keyboard combination as long as is not interfering with your preferred shortcuts

Now the Command-i combination in Safari should be free.

Disable Safari's "Email This Page" shortcut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.