Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Safari's "Email This Page" shortcut

I recently updated Safari to version 14 and discovered that the keyboard shortcut command-i now activates "Email This Page" in the share menu instead of italicizing text. Is there a way to turn this off or at least change the shortcut so I can have my italics back?

I know there are some answers out there that are supposed to work but I've tried them all and nothing works! Heelpppp

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 10:28 AM

Okay, I'll leave this here as a future reference for anyone else who has this problem. I followed one of the solutions but found out that the new Safari 14 update has an extra mailing the page option. So what you wan to do is this:

Original answer by:

Marco Klobas

Go in System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts

Add through the + button an application shortcut choosing:

Application Safari

Menu Title Email Link to This Page

Keyboard Shortcut Any keyboard combination as long as is not interfering with your preferred shortcuts

Now the Command-i combination in Safari should be free.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251230865

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2020 10:28 AM in response to Gabyseve

Okay, I'll leave this here as a future reference for anyone else who has this problem. I followed one of the solutions but found out that the new Safari 14 update has an extra mailing the page option. So what you wan to do is this:

Original answer by:

Marco Klobas

Go in System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts

Add through the + button an application shortcut choosing:

Application Safari

Menu Title Email Link to This Page

Keyboard Shortcut Any keyboard combination as long as is not interfering with your preferred shortcuts

Now the Command-i combination in Safari should be free.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251230865

Disable Safari's "Email This Page" shortcut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.