Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain, iPhone 7, IOS 13.4

There has been a lot of talk about the increased battery drain after upgrade to IOS 13.4. I have also experienced this, with the battery indicator showing 1% after an hour since charging to 100%. However, I have left the phone uncharged, with the indicator showing 1% for 24 hours now and the phone is working just fine. Problem is obviously not with the battery itself, but the battery management software. Perplexing.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 4:20 AM

5 replies

Apr 2, 2020 9:41 AM in response to artistav8r

Hello artistav8r,

I understand the battery indicator on your iPhone is not showing the correct percentage. I can see why it would be important for that to work properly, and I'm happy to help you fix it.

If you haven't done so since updating, restart your iPhone. This is a simple step that can help solve a lot of different issues. If you're able to, you may also want to try letting your battery drain completely before charging it again to see if the battery still shows the wrong percentage when starting from 0 charge. If you continue to experience the same thing, restoring your iPhone to factory settings would be the best next step. This will help figure out of the culprit is hardware or software related. Since this will erase everything from your iPhone, backing up first is recommended. Here are steps on how to do both of these things:

After the restore completes, set up your iPhone as new so you can test it out with nothing on it. Once you've tested it out you can then restore it from your backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup. Test it once more after you've restore it from your backup.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Battery drain, iPhone 7, IOS 13.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.