Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera doesn't work. Flashlight and Face ID neither.

Hi everyone,

Yestearday I was using my iPhone XS MAX normally, but suddenly the follow message appear: "Face ID it's not available right now. Please try again later". That was rare for me, and then I saw that the camera and flashligth neither works. When I touch the camera app, I see all black on the screen. Sometimes the button's works, I mean, I can change between portrait, normal, video, etc, but always the screen is black. I if press the button to take a photo o start a video, nothing happen. Same is when I try to use the flashlight button. The phone never fall to the floor, or did he get wet.

I reseted configuration (not all data) and the problem continues. I let the battery drain complitily and then charge to 100% and nothing, the problem continues. I bought on december 2018.

Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 10:50 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 1, 2020 2:50 AM in response to deggie

I restored my iPhone and issue continues. The stranger things is this happen after updated to iOS 13.4 and Instagram two days ago. Now Instagram take almost 10 seconds to open since the icon click. Is the only app where the problem is. I saw on internet some similar issues with iOS 13.3, but on my phone this systema version was good. After update, sometimes I had a freeze screens and others similar problems.

Camera doesn't work. Flashlight and Face ID neither.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.