Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID works, but I cannot take pictures.

Recently when I tried to take a selfie, I noticed my camera app was only showing me a black screen. As I am perfectly able to recalibrate and use my Face ID to unlock my phone, I found this really weird. I took my phone to get the OLED screen replaced last year along with my front camera and speaker, and everything was working fine for a good 2 months up until recently. I’ve tried restarting, updating, going into my camera settings and turning the camera on and off, deleting the camera app and re-downloading, turning off my camera in privacy settings and turning it back on, turning on and off voice dictation, and factory resetting my phone. None of these solutions have helped, and I can guarantee my camera is not covered up until by anything either. I was wondering if this is a common issue for users with the IPhone X, and if anyone knows a solution as to why my front camera doesn’t work but I can still use Face ID.

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 9:10 AM

Hello ~ Any magnetic cases or accessories? A new case? If not then it may be best to take it in for a checkup:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options

~Katana-San~

Similar questions

1 reply

Face ID works, but I cannot take pictures.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.