Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

editing contacts

Is it possible, once I exported the contacts in a file vCard, to convert this in a csv file to be edit in excel and to import back in "contatti"?

It looks strange that I must convert the file using converter founded on the net?

It is unsafe and full of risks.

Best regards

Max

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 5:54 AM

That's a great question, but the vCard format Apple uses is an industry standard one used by many different products and services. I understand you want to import your Contacts into Excel but Apple has no interest in Excel.

You might find suggestions for importing vCards into Excel on an Excel product user support forum, so I encourage you to do that.

Many times this "free service" are a door for troyans, malawares and so on.

You're right. I wouldn't use it either, certainly not for anything sensitive. Every single product advertised as safe, effective, "recommended" etc. ought to be regarded with suspicion, especially if it's "free".

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 5:54 AM in response to Max1948

That's a great question, but the vCard format Apple uses is an industry standard one used by many different products and services. I understand you want to import your Contacts into Excel but Apple has no interest in Excel.

You might find suggestions for importing vCards into Excel on an Excel product user support forum, so I encourage you to do that.

Many times this "free service" are a door for troyans, malawares and so on.

You're right. I wouldn't use it either, certainly not for anything sensitive. Every single product advertised as safe, effective, "recommended" etc. ought to be regarded with suspicion, especially if it's "free".

Apr 1, 2020 12:01 PM in response to Max1948

I understand you want to convert exported vCards to csv, and I assume you found a website that offers to do that for you, such as this one:

http://labs.brotherli.ch/vcfconvert/

I also understand despite its claims to the contrary:

"The uploaded file will not be stored permanently nor will the converted addresses be kept on the server."

... you are reluctant to use it the way it is due to privacy concerns.

As it states,

"You can also download the script and run it locally."

editing contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.