Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Choppy calls

I have had several people tell me that my calls are coming through choppy (hear a few words then cuts out and in again) and it makes it very challenging to have conversations. I have ab iPhone 8 and use Verizon. I have tried to turn on/off WiFi (I’ve heard before that could be an issue) and have turned off WiFi calling. Nothing is helping. Any suggestions? I’m not sure if it’s an iPhone issue or a carrier issue. Thanks in advance!

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 10:51 AM

Hello KMCGisMe and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having an issue with audio quality on phone calls.

There are two possibilities. The first is that there is an issue with the mic on your iPhone that is causing sound to cut in an out and the second—more likely—explanation is that this may be an issue with a weak or very congested network.

To test for the first possibility use the steps in this article:

If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support

If you are able to record a voice memo and hear it played back normally, then the mic on your iPhone is working as expected and this is an issue you'll want to take up with your carrier.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2020 10:51 AM in response to KMCGisMe

Hello KMCGisMe and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having an issue with audio quality on phone calls.

There are two possibilities. The first is that there is an issue with the mic on your iPhone that is causing sound to cut in an out and the second—more likely—explanation is that this may be an issue with a weak or very congested network.

To test for the first possibility use the steps in this article:

If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support

If you are able to record a voice memo and hear it played back normally, then the mic on your iPhone is working as expected and this is an issue you'll want to take up with your carrier.

Cheers.

Choppy calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.