Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina updates for iMac won't load. Just hangs

Hi

The last two updates for my iMac 10.15.3 and 4 won't load. It just hangs in the middle of the process. Apple support told me how to do it by macOS Recovery, but why does it fail. Since installing Catalina I often am unable to shut down properly. Not sure if this is related. Support gave the machine good spring clean but to no avail. It's a 2013 December model.

Everything else is Ok

Chris

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 8:15 AM

Did you try it from here, this site uses a different server:

Download macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Combo Update

6 replies

Apr 28, 2020 6:55 AM in response to macjack

Hi

Sorry it's been such along time to respond. Been doing other things . So today before trying your suggestion I thought I would double check what happened before. So did tried the regular update route. And it seemed to stall on the install screen. So pressed the power button once with view to restarting , and it woke it up, started to install, and successfully completed. Very weird. So all done. But thanks for your help anyway. Now to see how the new rev performs with Adobe stuff!

Chris

Catalina updates for iMac won't load. Just hangs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.