Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro wide angle stopped working

Hi,

Recently my wide angle camera function stopped working and when I open the camera app it automatically pops into 2x and only allows me to zoom out to 1x but not. .5(screen shots below), all options work on video. I’ve updated to latest iOS, restarted phone, closed and reopened camera still know luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I use the wide angle for work all the time.

Cheers Craig

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 9:02 PM

I also had this issue. I tried to:

1. update IOS. to the latest
  2. reset to factory setting
  3. I even tried using 3rd party apps to see if the wide angle will work and suspect a phone software issue

but these did not help.

I have a friend who knows how to open and fix iphone hardware. we found out that the flex cable of the wide angle is not securely attached. he disconnected and reconnected the flex cable and that fixed the issue.

Similar questions

205 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 9:02 PM in response to CdD89

I also had this issue. I tried to:

1. update IOS. to the latest
  2. reset to factory setting
  3. I even tried using 3rd party apps to see if the wide angle will work and suspect a phone software issue

but these did not help.

I have a friend who knows how to open and fix iphone hardware. we found out that the flex cable of the wide angle is not securely attached. he disconnected and reconnected the flex cable and that fixed the issue.

Jun 17, 2020 7:37 AM in response to CdD89

Same issue here.

Phone:

iPhone 11 Pro - Germany - 13.05.01

Description:

All of the sudden (June 04 2020) zoom function 0.5x and 2x were not able to be selected with the buttons in native photo and video mode.

Solutions so far that have not worked:

• Factory reset
  • settings reset
  • new iPhone (not sigining in with Apple iCloud and no backup)

Solutions worked:

• Third party app Lightroom to select the ultra wide camera
  • In native photo app: tele function 2x setting is able to be used with "the digital wheel"

Press the button "Helpful" to make this summary be seen by others and safe some time.

Apr 6, 2020 6:43 AM in response to CdD89

Hi CdD89,

Thanks for posting! I understand you're having some issues with the zoom functions on your iPhone 11 Pro. The wide angle lens is a great feature, and I'll be glad to see how I can assist. It sounds like you've tried some great troubleshooting already.

By any chance, do you have a case on your iPhone? If so, does it help if you remove it?

Also of note, the zoom function is a little different on the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro. Check out the information below to see if it might apply: iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro camera features

"The redesigned Camera interface in iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro shows you what's happening outside of the shot that you're framing. This can help you decide if you need to re-frame your shot or switch to a different camera on your iPhone for a better photo.

When you're using the Wide (1x) camera, the viewfinder also shows what the Ultra Wide (0.5x) camera sees. Tap the .5 button to switch to the Ultra Wide camera. If you have iPhone 11 Pro, you can also see the Wide (1x) view outside of the frame when you're using the Telephoto (2x) camera."

If that doesn't apply, and you're able to determine that an iPhone case isn't a factor, I recommend that you Contact Apple Support next.

Take care.

Sep 14, 2021 7:06 AM in response to CdD89

I had this issue. No amount of reset/restoring fixed it. I chatted with apple tech support online. They ran a remote diagnostic. They confirmed there was something wrong. They scheduled an appointment for me at my local Best Buy. The tech there ran the same diagnostic test again... "CAMERA ISSUE REAR CAMERA WIDE ANGLE LENS NOT FUNCTIONING, IS NOT DETECTED IN MRI." The fix was a rear camera replacement, which Best Buy had in stock. It took about 45 minutes. It cost $109. I'm disappointed the camera stopped working after less than 2 years of gentle ownership. However, I am grateful that I did not have to mail the phone in. If reset/restore does not work for you, you will need to get your rear camera replaced. There is no other fix if your camera is not detected. Good luck!

May 5, 2020 7:33 AM in response to CdD89

This is a software issue so I doubt phone replacement is going to resolve it. I guess we just have to wait and hope Apple fixes it in the next update. What I find irritating though, is that Apple is not even acknowledging the issue in one of its most expensive phones. I would be more at ease knowing that Apple is aware of the issue and is working on a fix, rather than simply get a phone replacement which leads to the same problem anyway.

May 8, 2020 8:56 PM in response to kaleena54

Didn’t work for me either, however my wide angle sort of works now but the 2x freezes and portrait mode is non existent. Also the auto balance feature on camera mode doesn’t work so I have to flick from video to get the lighting right then back to photo. Come on apple give us an update would ya

iPhone 11 Pro wide angle stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.