Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos are saved in two different folders?

The storage on my macbook air is almost full, so I checked the 'Storage' on the Macintosh HD to see what was taking up the space. It said 'Documents' takes up 58,6 GB, 'Photos' takes up 37,3 GB, etc.

I couldn't understand what was taking up all the space in the documents folder, I know I have som documents from school but nothing that takes up that much GB... I clicked it and it showed another photos folder inside the documents folder... Basically all of my photos that are saved in my Photo library, are saved in both documents and photos?? When I click both of them send me to the same place, my photo library. Is this normal? What should I do now? Is there any way I can remove the photos from the documents without deleting them from my library?

I have a lot of photos so this takes up a lot of storage for me, so would love to get some help. Sorry for my bad english!

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 10:16 AM

If you have a "managed" library

any image file outside the library that have been imported (and copied) into the library can be deleted without deleting them from the library.

Similar questions

1 reply

My photos are saved in two different folders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.