Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video does not play

Hello 👋🏼,

Both of my Apple TV 4K, when playing Netflix movies or any other entertainment apps such as HBO, whether the video freezes or only the audio plays. I haven’t been able to use my Apple TV because the video doesn’t play or just freezes. I need help getting this resolved pleaseeeee! I miss using my Apple TV. I’ve been using my tv apps for now and those work perfectly fine. Therefore, it’s not the tv itself with the issue. Also, I am able to open up the apps with no problem. I am able to scroll around and look for movies and series perfectly fine. The issue is only when playing the videos.

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 4:50 AM

assuming you use the netflix apps on the not airplay it from an ios device which netflix blocks

then my path of troubleshooting would be device and conqueror, remove unknowns

1. try another hdmi port on the tv
  2. make sure the appletv is running the latests ios version
  3. test with another tv to see if the problem is with the tv or with the appletv.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2020 4:50 AM in response to yadira131

assuming you use the netflix apps on the not airplay it from an ios device which netflix blocks

then my path of troubleshooting would be device and conqueror, remove unknowns

1. try another hdmi port on the tv
  2. make sure the appletv is running the latests ios version
  3. test with another tv to see if the problem is with the tv or with the appletv.

Apr 4, 2020 4:57 AM in response to Rudegar

Yes, I recently bought a second new HDMI cord and nothing. I also switched the Apple TV in another room and it’s doing the same thing. Also, it’s up-to-date with the latest version. Since the switch, now my second Apple TV also does the same thing after I plugged it where the original Apple TV that had problems was.

Video does not play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.