Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad that cannot be opened because owner has forgotten Apple ID and password

Hi,

I am trying to help an elderly gentleman. He bought an Apple iPad 3 in Nov 2018. Some friends of his helped him set it up. But did not take note of the Apple ID and password the iPad was set up with.

the gentleman who was 74 when he purchased it locked himself out of the iPad.

He has no idea what the ID and password is and his friends cannot remember them either!

I am trying to see is there any way to help him reactivate his iPad?

I have the receipt for purchase and the model and serial number. Is this a dead iPad or is there any program to purchase that can help.

regards Mxark

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 7:36 AM

With the original receipt, Apple will be willing to help. He needs to reach out to Apple directly for help.

The Apple ID on the device is likely his email address. On the activation lock screen on the iPad, there is a hint, which would look something like r******@gmail.com. If you can get that far, you can request a password reset.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2020 7:36 AM in response to Mxark

With the original receipt, Apple will be willing to help. He needs to reach out to Apple directly for help.

The Apple ID on the device is likely his email address. On the activation lock screen on the iPad, there is a hint, which would look something like r******@gmail.com. If you can get that far, you can request a password reset.

Ipad that cannot be opened because owner has forgotten Apple ID and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.