Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook 365 is asking me to set up an app specific password every time I use it. Is there a way around that?

I have 2 factor authentication turned on and cannot turn it back off. Outlook 365 is asking me to set up an app specific password to get my email from my mac ID email every time I use it. I can't send or receive email from that account without signing in to my apple ID. Plus there is a perpetual banner on my phone to please sign in to my apple ID in order to use Office 365/Outlook. Is there a way around this problem?

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 10:29 AM

You have to use an app specific password to get your Apple ID email when using a 3rd party email app/application. There isn't a way around that. Apple Security measure.

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

1 reply

Outlook 365 is asking me to set up an app specific password every time I use it. Is there a way around that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.