Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting monitor to macbook air using docking station

I am unable to get my monitor to connect to my Air using a docking station. How do I check to see if the docking station is working properly? hp usb-c dock

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 11:05 AM

Good afternoon hrkoon8,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are trying to connect your MacBook Air to an HP USB-C dock. Are you able to connect the Mac to the display monitor directly? If so, that will be an indication the issue stems from the dock. You will need to reach out to HP for help with the device. Here is some general information about connecting displays.

Connect a display, TV, or projector to Mac

Use external monitors with your Mac

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 11:05 AM in response to hrkoon8

Good afternoon hrkoon8,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are trying to connect your MacBook Air to an HP USB-C dock. Are you able to connect the Mac to the display monitor directly? If so, that will be an indication the issue stems from the dock. You will need to reach out to HP for help with the device. Here is some general information about connecting displays.

Connect a display, TV, or projector to Mac

Use external monitors with your Mac

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Take care.

connecting monitor to macbook air using docking station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.