Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use an external display for a MacBook Air by keeping the lid of the laptop closed ?

Hi there,

First of all, I am new to the world of Mac and still in the process of learning from the fundamentals.

I bought a new MacBook Air last week and currently working on it by connecting to an external display via an Apple Multi port adapter.

When I do work, I usually close the lid of the display of the laptop. But to do so, I found in most of the forums that the laptop should be connected to the power. I feel it is not the ideal option because if I do so, I need to keep my laptop powered for long hours even though the battery is fully charged.

So my question is there any way in which I can use the external display without the need to connect the laptop to power ?

Thanks a lot.

BR,

Gayan.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 6:22 AM

So what I am worrying is if I keep my laptop powered for long hours (more than 10 hours) will it affect the battery life ?

No, not at all. Ten months, yes. Ten hours, no.

Just use the battery once in a while. For more information please read Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan.

Similar questions

4 replies

How can I use an external display for a MacBook Air by keeping the lid of the laptop closed ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.