Apple Intelligence is now available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

18395.emlx error message when trying to delete emails on iMac

“18395.emlx” couldn’t be copied to “Messages” because an item with the same name already exists.

Anytime I try to delete an email i get this message. Any tips on getting rid of this?

Need Help :-)

Thanks

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 4:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 1:35 PM

Ok, that may explain it. POP stores all your mail in Users -> your name -> Library -> Mail and Mail downloads.

If you managed to have two accounts of the same name stored there, i.e. brought one over from a previous computer's migration assistant transfer, it would have trouble figuring which messages to delete.

Make sure you are only checking the message with one active POP account.

If you are, you might be running something that is corrupting your system. The Etrecheck in the link below can give you a report to share that can help us isolate what might be corrupting it:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250002463

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 21, 2020 1:35 PM in response to gabrielben

Ok, that may explain it. POP stores all your mail in Users -> your name -> Library -> Mail and Mail downloads.

If you managed to have two accounts of the same name stored there, i.e. brought one over from a previous computer's migration assistant transfer, it would have trouble figuring which messages to delete.

Make sure you are only checking the message with one active POP account.

If you are, you might be running something that is corrupting your system. The Etrecheck in the link below can give you a report to share that can help us isolate what might be corrupting it:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250002463

18395.emlx error message when trying to delete emails on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.