Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting email messages.... GONE into oblivion

I've got a good one!! I just purchased a new iMac 24. I've successfully done a transfer using time machine from my old Mac to the new iMac24. However, when I try to delete emails to the email JUNK folder, they are NOT THERE. I know, I've seen people describe the "fix" and I tried it but to no avail! I've spoken to some a few mac support people, who referred me to Senior consultants, but some some reason, they can't seem to reach me by phone (wish they'd leave a voicemail...!)

The version of Mac MAIL is 16.0.... It seems that no matter what i've tried NOTHING WORKS!!

iMac 24″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 9:40 AM

Problem SOLVED !!! For anyone out there with this problem, make sure that your TRASH CAN icon is associated with the CORRECT email account!!!

There are several categories: Favorites / REAL EMAIL Act. (comcast email in my case) / On My Mac. There is also one called "Smart Mailboxes", which has the sub-category "Today" in my case... I don't use it.

It seems that I was looking "on my mac", when the deleted emails were going to Comcast email folder...!

hope this helps someone....

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2023 9:40 AM in response to djw0051

Problem SOLVED !!! For anyone out there with this problem, make sure that your TRASH CAN icon is associated with the CORRECT email account!!!

There are several categories: Favorites / REAL EMAIL Act. (comcast email in my case) / On My Mac. There is also one called "Smart Mailboxes", which has the sub-category "Today" in my case... I don't use it.

It seems that I was looking "on my mac", when the deleted emails were going to Comcast email folder...!

hope this helps someone....

Deleting email messages.... GONE into oblivion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.