Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pink lines on the screen (MacBook Pro)

Hello,

Recently I started noticing a pink line on the edge of my macbook pro screen. When I turn it off and leave it for some hours, it disappears, and then after two hours of working, it shows up again. Check the attached image.

What is the reason of that? and if it is related to the heat, how can I solve it?

MacBook

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 6:02 PM

Two things to try.

1) Take a screenshot of the area and then view the screenshot. Make sure to move the screenshot around to see if the defect is actually captured in the screenshot.

2) Connect an external display.

If you do not see the issue with either of these two tests, then the laptop's Display Assembly needs to be replaced.

Otherwise if you do see it in the moving screenshot or on the external display, then it is most likely a GPU issue or possibly a software issue. Try booting into Safe Mode (screen may flash or flicker due to a very basic video driver being used, but that should not affect the test to see if the video defect still exists. An intermittent issue can be difficult to diagnose. I've seen a few other posts recently with a similar issue.

Hopefully the issue won't get any worse until things get back to normal so that you can have an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2020 6:02 PM in response to lenspot

Two things to try.

1) Take a screenshot of the area and then view the screenshot. Make sure to move the screenshot around to see if the defect is actually captured in the screenshot.

2) Connect an external display.

If you do not see the issue with either of these two tests, then the laptop's Display Assembly needs to be replaced.

Otherwise if you do see it in the moving screenshot or on the external display, then it is most likely a GPU issue or possibly a software issue. Try booting into Safe Mode (screen may flash or flicker due to a very basic video driver being used, but that should not affect the test to see if the video defect still exists. An intermittent issue can be difficult to diagnose. I've seen a few other posts recently with a similar issue.

Hopefully the issue won't get any worse until things get back to normal so that you can have an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop.

Pink lines on the screen (MacBook Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.