Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X audio track provides "No Input" when bluetooth headset's mic is selected in preferences

I'm trying to record audio in Logic Pro X from my bluetooth headset's microphone. After selecting the headset in Preferences > Audio > Devices, the audio track provides no input options. However, if I select Built-in Microphone in Preferences > Audio > Devices, the audio track provides Input 1 and Input 2 as selectable options, either of which enables my Mac's mic as the input.

Is there some reason Logic will not enable my bluetooth headset's mic as input for an audio track?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 11:21 PM

You cannot use the Bluetooth "Audio" as input in Logic with that kind of headsets. Yes, there is a reason. It is because these headsets mics are intended for voice interactive communications and then use a sampling rate unsupported by Logic.

You can see my other post for details: Audio Inputs for Logic Pro X - Apple Community

WD

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2020 11:21 PM in response to Jonathan Greenberg

You cannot use the Bluetooth "Audio" as input in Logic with that kind of headsets. Yes, there is a reason. It is because these headsets mics are intended for voice interactive communications and then use a sampling rate unsupported by Logic.

You can see my other post for details: Audio Inputs for Logic Pro X - Apple Community

WD

Apr 11, 2020 7:17 AM in response to Wilddrums

Thank you so much for your answer, WD! I wouldn't have figured this out and was finding little useful information by searching the web.

Can you tell me if the same applies to simply recording audio into QuickTime while making a "New Audio Recording"? This would seem to be the case, as Quicktime ignores the signal from my bluetooth headset in favor of the mac's Built-in Microphone.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Jonathan

Logic Pro X audio track provides "No Input" when bluetooth headset's mic is selected in preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.