Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trash folder missing

I am using OS 10.15.4. There is no "Trash" mailbox in the group below the InBox folder. This has been going on for some time, but recently I have found myself wanting to bring up recently trashed emails to access information I have not saved elsewhere.

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 4:13 PM

It was set to "None"

I selected the choice immediately above, which was a greyed-out trash icon with "Trash" appearing on its right.

I quit Mail. I launched Mail. The Trash folder now shows. I selected an item in my InBox and clicked on the garbage can icon on the bar at the top of the window. When I checked my Trash folder, the item I had removed from my InBox was not in the Trash folder. Problem solved. Thank you. When the next email comes in from your, I will click on the "I'm really, really, really happy now" option.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2020 4:13 PM in response to BDAqua

It was set to "None"

I selected the choice immediately above, which was a greyed-out trash icon with "Trash" appearing on its right.

I quit Mail. I launched Mail. The Trash folder now shows. I selected an item in my InBox and clicked on the garbage can icon on the bar at the top of the window. When I checked my Trash folder, the item I had removed from my InBox was not in the Trash folder. Problem solved. Thank you. When the next email comes in from your, I will click on the "I'm really, really, really happy now" option.

Trash folder missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.