Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPOD erased all content and iTunes doesn't have my last back up restore.

My old school iPod that has been my travel music partner all of a sudden last week erased itself has a different interface with none of my music or content!

No songs, no play list nearly full 160gb available. Where is my music and what happened? I have tried to attach to iTunes, no help. Its like its completely different iPod? Do I need to reformat it? How can I load music on it?

Also, iTunes has somehow gotten rid of one of my back ups to restore! What is going on? I am super upset, I have spent so much money in iTunes, and on apple products. I expect to be able to keep all the gens purchases, devices, content I have supported through the years. Is my iPod a paper weight now?

Thank you for all help in advance.

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 8:22 PM

See Corrupt iPod Classic - Apple Community. The first section deals with options for reclaiming media from the device. Note that iPod classics are not backed up anywhere. You should keep all of your content in your library and maintain your own backup of that.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies

IPOD erased all content and iTunes doesn't have my last back up restore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.