iPod 6th Gen. Storage still full after deleting 25 GBs of Music

As you know apple discontinued support for all iPods. This has rendered my $250 device useless. Upon looking to update it to the newest iOS available which is 12.2 or something it said I had no space. I was 1 GB shy. So i deleted all of my music which was 25 GBs worth. Thinking Apple is still a good company I thought I could proceed with the update, however after doing multiple hard resets, my device is still unable to recognize the space available and thus I am unable to update my iOS. I searched the forums high and low and none of the offered solutions work.

So my question is, is there some method that anyone can offer that will ACTUALLY work?

I used to love apple a lot but it's really a shell of its former self. Steve Jobs would be disappointed to see what's it become now. To see the "me too" button clicked +1,000 times from other frustrated customers is mind boggling. To think such a problem persists in a mega corp like apple. At this rate there is zero chance I can get my music back on my iPod nor update the iOS.

iPod

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 2:39 PM

Update: signing out of iCloud along with erasing all content and settings as if I were selling or trading in my device was the only solution. With that said all of my non-backed up media is gone forever and I am void of over a decades worth of music purchased from iTunes. At least I got to update my iPod and now my mbp actually recognizes it. Hooray for subpar performance and apple negligence

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2023 2:39 PM in response to Fishwingz

Update: signing out of iCloud along with erasing all content and settings as if I were selling or trading in my device was the only solution. With that said all of my non-backed up media is gone forever and I am void of over a decades worth of music purchased from iTunes. At least I got to update my iPod and now my mbp actually recognizes it. Hooray for subpar performance and apple negligence

iPod 6th Gen. Storage still full after deleting 25 GBs of Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.