Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Classic iPod with New Apple Music app

Has anyone with a classic iPod had any luck with the new Music app?

I tried to make the transition and now find my beloved iPod all but useless. The new app does not have a column browser to allow for locating and organizing songs. Further, I now find it impossible to do something as simple as delete songs from my device.

This supposed 'improvement' has been a total disaster, both for my iPod and my computer in general. My system has never before run so slowly. It's a wonder I can even use the internet at all. I can't begin to express how much I regret upgrading to Catalina.

iPod Classic

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 4:45 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 16, 2020 8:25 PM in response to yammerskooner

Manual management of the iPod in Catalina is a reduced experience from iTunes of old. Deleting files can be done through a Manage Storage button that appears in Finder when viewing the connected device. I would recommend you switch to syncing with selected playlists. If you have media on the classic that isn't in your library see Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community first.

tt2

Using Classic iPod with New Apple Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.